-->

03 February 2014

App Review: Stocard

It’s not often that I can say that an app has changed my life!  Well, that's a bit of an exaggeration, but I love this app!  A few weeks ago I discovered Stocard – an app that lets you get rid of all your reward and membership cards out of your wallet or handbag and onto your phone. 



I had a lot of cards, which I used to keep either in my wallet or in a business card flip wallet in my handbag.  Every time I wanted to find a card I used to have to try to find it amongst all the others, and half the time I’d give up and not bother, which meant I was missing out of loyalty points. 

Now my wallet and handbag have lost a lot of weight and I can find the card I want instantly!





It took about 10 minutes to load all my loyalty and membership cards onto my phone – it’s a very easy process
  • Select the retailer from the list shown.  If you have a card that isn’t shown, select Other Card, and type in the name.
  • Scan the barcode on the back of your card using Stocard’s built-in scanner.  If it doesn’t scan (I only had one that wouldn’t) just press your back button and type in the number.
  • You’re done!


When you’re in a store you just open the Stocard app on your phone, tap the card you want and hand your phone to the assistant to scan.  If it won’t scan they can type in the number.  Usually the only reason they won’t scan is due to the age of the shop’s scanner.  I’ve been using Stocard for a few weeks now and I’ve only had one shop that had to type it in – that was my FlyBuys card at a smaller Coles supermarket.  I had no trouble using my Woolworths Everyday Rewards card at Caltex; FlyBuys at Kmart; Ikea Family Card; Fusion Card buying my sons’ school shoes at Mathers, and a few more. 

Stocard is available for free for both iOS and Android.  If you’re downloading for iOS you need to select the Stocard app to suit your region.  Stocard on Android is optimised for Australia, UK and Canada, and once loaded you select your region.   Both have over 200 preset cards for Australia with more being added all the time.





Download your copy of the Review sheet here


6 comments:

  1. Margaret Perusich3 February 2014 at 17:09

    Let me know how you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Margaret Perusich3 February 2014 at 17:10

    There was a major update in December, which I think has fixed any initial glitches. I'm using it on an Android phone, but that shouldn't make any difference. Let me know how it goes if you try it again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. multibloggingmum3 February 2014 at 18:58

    yes, I have an android - Galaxy S4 - now. I am looking forward to giving it a go when at the shops!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've just stumbled on this app and have got to say scanning the cards is easy. I often decline joining some loyalty cards, as I don't want to carry them around, now I can join them all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pity you have to go through the process when you get a new phone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you create an account with Stocard your cards are stored for you. So when you get a new phone you just have to download the app and sign in and there are all your cards again.

      Delete