-->

17 September 2013

WhyTime - an app for YOU

A few months ago I took a break from my blog.  My business, my family, my health – everything was going wrong, although, in the case of my business – it was the opposite – it was going too well!  I was exhausted, juggling too many balls at once and dropping every one of them.  That meant I wasn't spending quality time with my family, and my health was suffering from getting no more than three hours sleep a night.   I’ll bet quite a few of you know exactly what I'm talking about.  As mums, we usually look after everyone else first, and put ourselves last.   Often we forget that to look after everyone else, we need to first look after ourselves.   I decided that things had to change – I really could not continue as I was.

On the very day I decided that things had to change, Amanda from Adventures & Misadventures of a Mummypreneur emailed me about a brilliant new app.  Talk about a sign from above!  If you’re like me and want to start looking after yourself – you are going to love this…

WhyTime is a new mobile app aimed at helping us busy mums take time out from our overscheduled, overcommitted lives and prioritise our own health and wellbeing.

WhyTime aims to get you thinking about what really matters to you, and inspire you to take the time and make the changes you need – whether that is more sleep, regular me time, exercise, healthy eating or quality time with your family.

WhyTime lets you set custom reminders to prompt you during your day.  For example, I've got one that goes off at 10pm to remind me that I need to be in bed in one hour.  I also find that if I don’t stop for breaks I can easily keep working at my desk without getting up all day.  So, now I've set reminders to stop and have a glass of water, and another to remind me to stop working and stretch. 



However, the great thing about WhyTime is that it doesn't just remind you about what you want to do – it reminds you of WHY it is important to you, and what you will get out of accomplishing that task.  


WhyTime will guide you through each step of setting your reminders and creating the message you will receive with your reminder to affirm exactly what it will mean to you to do this task, or what it means if you don’t. 




You also have the option of creating your own messages if you’d rather use your own wording.  For my 10pm reminder, that I need to be in bed at 11pm, I set the message that “it will change my entire day tomorrow”.  I have always known that I should be getting more sleep, but for me, the reminder about what I’ll get out of going to bed has made all the difference in motivating me to actually do it.


The interface really is beautiful, with inspirational quotes and lovely images.  If you are lacking the motivation to make the changes you need in your life – download WhyTime.  It’s available from the App Store for $4.49, and it is worth every cent.

The lovely WhyTime music is playing on my iPad - I'm off to do some stretching!


1 comment: