-->

07 November 2013

The perfect 'first' keyboard



Here’s the perfect first keyboard for young children. 




The Jenkins Junior Early Learning keyboard is a standard QWERTY keyboard but with some added features to help young children become familiar with a keyboard. 

The keys are grouped by colour to differentiate the different parts of the keyboard and get them used to where the keys are located.  For example, all the numbers, both along the top of the keyboard and on the numeric keypad are red.




The vowels and consonants are different colours to help them find the letter they’re after.

The keyboard also features nine smaller hot keys along the top of the keyboard to enable multimedia controls and internet navigation. 

It is compatible with Windows XP, Vista and 7, and Mac OS X 10.5 or later, connecting via a USB port.

THE PRICE?

All Officeworks stores in Australia are currently selling this keyboard for $7   
There is only limited stock and you’ll find it in the clearance boxes near the registers.  It isn’t available through Officeworks online, only in store.  My local Officeworks – Mona Vale NSW - had about 20 yesterday morning.


If you'd like your child to learn how to type, I recommend BBC Dance Mat Typing - you can read my review here


2 comments:

  1. Hi there would you mind sharing which blog platform you're using?
    I'm planning to start my own blog soon but I'm having a hard time deciding between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal.
    The reason I ask is because your design seems different then most blogs and I'm
    looking for something unique. P.S Apologies for being off-topic but
    I had to ask!

    My web page a baby story, ,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use Blogger - it's very easy to use and you can have a blog up and running in under an hour.

      Delete