-->

18 July 2013

Homework help for parents - School A to Z app

Do you know what a cumulative frequency histogram is, or Euclidean geometry?  How about etymological knowledge or nominalisation?  No, me neither!

It is 35 years since I left school, so trying to help my 9 and 11 year old sons with their homework often results in frustration – for me, not them! 

But that is not going to happen this term!  I have just discovered a brilliant app that I'm hoping will make all the difference at homework time. 

The School A to Z website has been around for a few years, but I didn't realise there is also a corresponding app.  School A to Z is from the New South Wales Department of Education, but if you have kids at school it will be useful regardless of where you live.



Within the English, Maths and Technology sections you’ll find A to Z listings of terms which, when you select one, displays an explanation, graphical examples of how it is used, and links to videos, fact sheets and more information on that particular topic.




There are two sections just for your kids - The Spelling Bee is where they can practice spelling at an easy, medium or hard level or create their own list of words.  Maths Monkey is for practicing times tables.




Assignments is where you’ll find the themes that are currently in the NSW curriculum.  Within each topic there are facts, videos, links to fact sheets and web sites where your child can find more information – perfect for projects. 

If you have ever screamed in frustration at the discovery of a project that’s due the next day, or tried to figure out how they teach maths these days, this app is for you.  If you haven’t already, take a look at the website too  http://www.schoolatoz.nsw.edu.au/

Get the app from the Apple App Store and from Google Play.




4 comments:

  1. Hi,
    This is a nice post I like your post you have shared.
    Assignment Help UK

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read that the hardest subjects for parents, according to some statistics, are English and Math. And while I know somehow how to deal with English, math is a horror for me. For such purposes I use homework help online at Homework-desk.com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great article.I Like to read such articles.You can get professional homework help from allhomeworkhelp.com to write an awesome article.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was very interested in the article, it’s quite inspiring I should admit.
    Online Assignment Help

    ReplyDelete